After qualifying as a physiotherapist in 2012, I have worked both as a sports physiotherapist, general and neurological physio. I have a broad understanding of the human body and take a holistic approach to assessment and treatment.
Since 2015 I have been working as a physiotherapist in Amsterdam, speaking Dutch or English with patients.
Some essentials you might want to know about me:
- Masters in Physiotherapy, King’s College London (2012)
- Sports massage, ITEC level 3 diploma
- Kinesiology and traditional taping
- Dry-needling, accredited 2016
- Myofascial release
- Trigger-point therapy
- Pilates instructor
- Running trainer
Rehabilitation and healthy living
I understand the impact of work and sport on our bodies and I strive to help my clients maintain a healthy work-life balance. I provide specialist advice on health-promoting lifestyle changes as well as exercise, posture, footwear and work station set-up. I have also worked in neurological rehabilitation units, aiding recovery in those with long standing physical and neurological illness and disability.
No matter what the issue I think it’s important that you receive a treatment programme specific to your needs, so we can work together towards a healthier body.
I’m really into running, cycling and football, and enjoy coaching people with sporting injuries back to fitness. I give weekly interval training sessions for runners of all levels.
Through Pilates I am able to offer a broad range of individualised core and strengthening exercises, assisting recovery from back, neck and postural problems.
For the last two years I have also been giving bike fittings– tackling postural problems, helping to avoid injuries or simply to improve on energy efficiency.
Natalie Varetto is originally from the UK and moved to Amsterdam at the beginning of 2014. Natalie has been qualified as a physiotherapist since September 2003 and has over 13 years’ experience working within the NHS in the UK and the Dutch Health Care system, spending the last two years treating Expats in Amsterdam. She is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council, BIG – register and Centraal Kwaliteitsregister Fysiotherapie (CKR).
She has diverse experience in treating adults with both acute and/or chronic conditions in the hospital, community and clinic settings. Natalie is a dedicated and enthusiastic physiotherapist skilled in assessment and treatment in a number of physiotherapy areas, including:
- Musculoskeletal – treating conditions that involve the skeletal, muscle and nervous systems
- Neurological – treating numerous neurological conditions for example Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Parkinson Disease and head injuries
- Orthopedic – rehabilitation following fractures and orthopedic surgery
- Rehabilitation – following injury, surgery, medical illness and chronic conditions
- Older people – rehabilitation to improve function and reduce risk of falls
- Respiratory – chest management and rehabilitation on medical, surgical wards and intensive care
- Palliative care – active holistic care for advanced progressive terminal illness